Fire Damage Photo Gallery

soot web in corner of ceiling

That's a Soot Web?!?!

Although this may look strikingly similar to a cobweb or spiderweb that has been covered in soot, it is not! This is a soot web, or soot tag, and is one of the most visible instances of fire damage. Soot webs are formed from ionized soot particles clinging together! They most commonly form in corners or confined spaces with low circulation. Soot from smoke traveling through the air is looking for cooler temperature areas and in doing so, the particles are actually joining together to create these webs! Although they look scary, there are no spiders that come along with them and no, you don't have that many cob-webs in your house that you aren't seeing! Minimal fire or smoke damage can go unnoticed. If you come across any soot webs, refrain from touching them- they are very stick and transfer onto just about anything leaving behind a black mess. 

fire damaged ceiling

Damage to Ceiling Following Appliance Fire

Unfortunately, this homeowner suffered quite a large fire loss after a kitchen appliance caught fire. The entirety of the kitchen was engulfed and the rest of the house suffered from soot left over and odors. We are so glad we have been able to help this homeowner during this devastating time as we work to get her house feel like a home again. Thanks to SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park for helping us with contents cleaning!

Fire damage to exterior wall

Small Fire Leaves Behind Major Damage

A small fire that went un-noticed for quite some time left behind terrible tracks and plenty of soot. This unfortunate event lead to mold issues later down the line from open walls and exposure to the elements. We were happy to be a part of getting all rooms affected cleaned up and mold free. 

Soot on boat ceiling

Soot Remains from Boat Fire in Rock Hall, MD

SERVPRO of Queen Anne's, Kent & Caroline Counties was called onto a boat that had a small fire from a wooden basket placed on a hot stove top. Together, the wooden basket and the plastic utensils inside the basket caught fire, engulfing the boat with a terrible odor and a layer of soot covering nearly the entirety of the interior. Our crew cleaned surfaces such as the ceiling and counter tops with proper cleansers as well as removed all upholstered paneling, cushions, etc. to be properly vacuumed, cleaned and deodorized. For further precautions, we contracted out to have all air ducts within the boat cleaned to prevent any further odors remaining and circulating.